Connemara National Park is open year round including the Visitor Centre. There are no fees for entry to the grounds, trails or viewing the exhibition. Guides at the Visitor Centre are on hand to provide information about the National Park including wildlife, trails and things to see and do in the locality. We look forward to welcoming you to the National Park.
Connemara National Park,
Telephone No.: +353 76 100 2528 / +353 95 41054
Fax No.: +353 76 100 2633
Open daily (except Christmas Day & St. Stephen’s Day)
Entry to the Visitor Centre is free of charge, which includes the exhibition and film.
The Park Grounds are open all year round. Please ensure you check weather conditions before visiting the National Park. The grounds will be closed during orange and red weather warnings, see following page for more details: https://www.connemaranationalpark.ie/visit-us/weather-warnings/
Admission is Free – Open Daily
Map of the Park
Connemara National Park is 2000 hectares of mountains, bog, woodlands and grasslands. It encompasses part of the Twelve Bens Mountain Range.
Click here to download a map of the National Park
Hungry Hiker Café
Open daily (except Christmas Day, St. Stephen’s Day & New Year’s Day)
For further details please contact Dympna directly: Mobile – 087 3277155
For more information on the tea room please click here.
Advice to Visitors
- If you bring dogs to the Park, keep them on a lead as they can disturb the wildlife and/or farm animals.
- Please clean up after your dog.
- Hill walking in the Park (including Diamond Hill) can only be recommended for walkers with suitable outdoor clothing, footwear and equipment.
- Do not venture into the hills alone.
- Know your limits and those of your friends walking with you.
- Inform a competent person of your walking trip and estimated time of return.
- Take litter away with you.
- Leave wildflowers for everyone to enjoy. Photograph or sketch them instead of picking them.
- To ensure that a visit to the National Park is an enjoyable experience for everyone please be respectful of this advice.
- Connemara National Park supports the principles of Leave No Trace and encourages visitors to be mindful of this ethos when visiting the Park and enjoying the outdoors.
Please see our FAQs page for more information on the Park.