Heritage Week 2021 is running from Saturday 14th August until Saturday 22nd August. Here at Connemara National Park we will have a range of activities spanning the entire week (click here to download a poster of the events for the week)
Due to Covid-19 restrictions we have limited places available for all outdoor events therefore it is important to book ahead to avoid disappointment, you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on +353 87 290 6269
All events hosted by Connemara National Park will be free of charge.
Programme of Events
Saturday 14th August | 8.30pm | Bat Walk & Meteor Watch
Tuesday 17th August | 11am | Fun with Nature for Children
Wednesday 18th August | 11am | Guided Walk
Thursday 19th August | 11am | Fun with Nature for Children
Friday 20th August | Guided walk
From 14th to 17th August | Window Display – Notable People of the Park
From 19th to 22nd August | Window Display – Open the Door to Archaeology of the National Park
Please see details below and our current guidelines. You must read and sign a Covid-19 self declaration from before attending to site for our events.
Fun with Nature for Children
These activities are suitable for children aged 5 to 10 years of age.
Parent/adult must accompany the child/children at all times.
Due to ongoing Covid-19 restrictions, some changes have had to be introduced:
- Our numbers are strictly limited to 15 people. This will include parents/adults accompanying the child/children and any other siblings, either under the age of 5 years or over the age of 10 years.
- Families with children wishing to attend must book in at least 24 hours in advance by phoning +353 87 290 6269, and all adults must complete a Covid-19 survey (click here to download form) and submit it by email to email@example.com
- All activities will be held outdoors, weather permitting. If the weather is unsuitable the activity will not proceed.
- All adults must wear a mask for the duration of the activity.
Our walks will be off trail, on uneven and wet terrain, proper footwear and clothing is essential.
Due to ongoing Covid-19 restrictions, we have had to introduce some changes:
- All guided walks must be pre-booked, please phone +353 87 290 6269 to reserve a space. Places are strictly limited to 15 people, which will include children and babies/toddlers in carriers.
- All attendees must complete a Covid-19 survey (click here to download form) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org 24 hours before the walk is due to take place. Unfortunately if the survey is not returned, you will be excluded from the walk.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times.